Wednesday, February 14

blood and acrylic

i have always been fascinated by menstrual blood. so intensely magnetic i find it. when i still it in my palms, it sucks me into myself.

when i was eighteen, the women i drew always menstruated. There was a pool of brick red beside them. I don't know if it is to decode as shame. I cannot, no matter how much i try, think of menstrual blood as waste or something to be sanitised. It is beautiful and so feverishly intriguing. I can watch it do the slow dance under water, all by itself. or slithe on my palms surprising me by its changing character. sometimes a surrendering liquid, next moment the same pool defined and linked.

On days when I come out rich beetroot, i want to keep it. in my homoeopathy pill bottles. to share it with someone.To watch the magic as i let it rest on my palm. And when i don't bleed anymore, i will mourn. That when i sit under the shower, there is no red whose flames lick up with the flowing water.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy valentine's day to you

Pizzicato Hana said...

anonymous!!
*huffs and puffs and blows the haystack down.
please leave a trace yoU!

Anonymous said...

love this post.
want to link you? can i?
crazy coincidence is that just the last time i was thinking moony thoughts and taking pleasure at being connected to cycles outside of my body . was writing thesis report on connections to nature..

this word verification thing is saying moony things monmwwl.

i would keep your broken armed doll.very carefully. but my doll always had her head in my hands while her hard pink body was being washed or changed.

biglove

Pizzicato Hana said...

sure you can. sometimes i know you...

monmwwl to you too. sounds like a wetnosed endearment.

mine says zghmuk :D