Wednesday, May 21

due april 17

this birthday my brother asked me what i wanted
i dint know what i wanted so i said, you give me options
he said, you want a rat snake? a constrictor.
you want a boa?
you want an alligator?
or maybe a bearded dragon.



so i gathered it was in jest and let it be.
of course he was very hurt that i could not make up my mind.
so i said, ok i'd love a bearded dragon. wow. how cool. i love beards.
then he said, but you have to walk it everyday and it has sharp claws.

ok ok! get me a rat snake then!



pleasantries done with. I forgot all about it. One day he calls and says, your gift is here.
a REAL RAT SNAKE! !@#$
it's small now. says he'll send it to me by air. apparantly they pack them in an ice box so theyll hibernate till they get here.

and i can feed it "pinkies" i.e. lab rats every week. It's easy he says. they're kind, because you feed them. and you can walk it once a week!



he says but dont leave it around too much, theyre good escape artists.
i picture me taking it to the housing society's secretary's house.
taking it for a walk the way she takes her dumb pom.
can you put leash around a rat snake?
Can i walk it around thakur village? I told him there wont be place in the house for it maybe.
it's small now but these things grow up to be 6-7 feet or so, domesticated even.

3 comments:

Alok said...

Are you serious!!
wow!!
i don't believe this!
This is really cool! call me i want to see it when it comes!

on second thoughts
hmm.. are toads safe from a rat snake?

Alok said...

p.s.

don't panic and all. bring it. it'll go very wel with your shoes. :)

My Unfinished Life said...

lovely!!..so he actually got you one!!....
rminds of the saying "be careful of what we wish for...we might actually get it!!!"